- Technical evangelist, community strategist, & innovation project manager
- Author of technical articles, blogs, documentation, and marketing communications
- Product and project management for a wide variety of software applications
- QA team lead and management on 50-plus diverse product releases
- Over 15 years in the software industry in a wide variety of capacities
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in multiple languages
- Married, with a beautiful wife (Leanne Waldal) and child
- Change agent. Rodeo queen. Stargazer.
- SAP Mentor; SAP Top Performer; Top Talent; Team Professionalism Award; MVP Innovation Award
Short work bio …
Moya Watson has been working in the software industry in the San Francisco Bay Area since 1991. Since 2001 at SAP, she has been forging innovative approaches to communication of all kinds, from standard documentation to technical documentation to collaborative experimental platforms. She is currently a technology evangelist and prototyping project manager in the SAP Research Innovation Center, and enjoys fostering innovation — particularly communications-related innovation — and the products thereof – via communities of all kinds within SAP.
Outside of SAP, Moya is passionate about the potential that online organizing brings to the causes of social justice and equality. And everywhere, she is interested in particular in the vast spaces between formal messaging and raw expression. She blogs at http://moyawatson.com/.
Stories in the media …
- Local Bay Area Community Takes a Stand Against Teen Bullying — CNN iReport; July 3, 2012
I’m included in the reel of interviews that took place after the It Gets Better: SAP Employees premiere night and panel on June 7, 2012 at SAP Labs Palo Alto. A proud night with tragic precedent but hope for a brighter future
- Milk’s legacy lives on through students at school that bears his name — Bay Area Reporter; March 11, 2010
A B. A. R. reporter asked me for my thoughts before we marched with my daughter’s elementary school Harvey Milk Civil Rights Academy to protest massive budget cuts to schools
- Live Chicago public radio broadcast — Vocalo; June 11, 2009
Leanne and I are interviewed about Prop 8, our marriage, and our family, and get to “speak to the heart” of an undecided moderator (our bit starts at ~6:55)
- ‘A Pale Victory’: S.F. Woman’s ’08 Marriage Still Legal — But She Finds it Hard to Rejoice — SF Weekly, May 26, 2009
I’m interviewed about the day’s CA Supreme Court decision that upheld Prop 8
- Some Celebrate While Others Deplore Court Decision — NBC Bay Area; May 26, 2009
In which (at about 1 minute in) I openly state that “I wept” when I get the court decision
- Tomasky talk: California votes on Prop 8 — guardian.co.uk; October 29, 2008
Leanne and I are interviewed on the upcoming Prop 8 vote by the Guardian’s Michael Tomasky. We were sitting at Cafe Flore for the interview, next to campaign HQ where I was volunteering.
- Lesbian Couple Hopes Third ‘I Do’ Proves Charm — NPR; June 13, 2008
Melissa Block interviews us on “All Things Considered” about our wedding(s) and the upcoming Prop 8 vote.
- Why This Baptist Minister Supports Marriage Equality — CLGS; February, 2004
Jim Lowder talks about hearing from us on our first wedding day, in February 2004 in San Francisco. Jim and his wife Jerene later married us, legally, in California in 2008.
Also found …
- MonkeyView: Before there was Flickr!
- My first web site ever
- SAP Community Network profile
- Technically Women
Contact: moya /at/ moyawatson /dot/ com